Established in 1860, the First Presbyterian Church of Englewood has a long and storied history of service to God and the community. For over 150 years our members have given of themselves in mission and ministry, serving both the church and civic organizations for the sake of the Gospel and the betterment of the world.
Today our congregants come from over 30 towns in the area, from as far north as Nyack, as far west as Elmwood Park, as far south as Jersey City/Hoboken, and as far east as Manhattan. We are people from many different nations and ethnic backgrounds, we represent the full spectrum of political beliefs, and we were raised in a variety of faith traditions. Yet as one parishioner aptly put it, "our community is more important than our differences."